TESTIMONIALS: Nilkumar AND Janki Patel
31 Aug

TESTIMONIALS: Nilkumar AND Janki Patel

We ask a number of our Pharmacy and Public Health learners to tell us about their experiences at CoPPS, IPH. Here are their stories:

My name is Nilkumar Patel, and I am from India.

I enjoyed my time studying at FAMU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Public Health. The College is blessed with experienced, supportive, and highly intellectual faculty.

The learner-centric environment developed here trained me in the academic curriculum and prepared me to confront future challenges that I will face in the job market and working in complex pharmaceutical industries. I had an opportunity to have one on one interaction with highly qualified topmost persons from different multinational biopharmaceutical companies. This experience has widened my knowledge about other paths that I can pursue.

I’ve recently graduated from the program and earned a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Now, my better half, Janki Patel, is currently in the same program, and I can proudly say that we are RATTLERS!

Nilkumar Patel, PhD

Summer 2021 Graduate

Dissertation Title: “Exosomes and Cancer (NSCLC & TNBC): Roles in pathophysiology, diagnosis, and therapeutic applications.”

Dissertation Chair: Mandip Sachdeva, PhD

I thank the FAMU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Public Health for allowing me to testify and address my experience in the graduate program.

My name is Janki Patel, and I am from India. I am a PhD candidate in the pharmacology and toxicology department, and I have been researching breast cancer issues for the last two years.

I chose FAMU for graduate research because of the positive experience I’ve heard from other graduate learners.  Looking at my current progress through the program, I know that I made the right choice. The graduate program has intelligent and skilled professors in all areas, which made my path more thought-provoking. The professors in CoPPS, IPH have proven to have a wealth of research knowledge and experience.

I am thankful to Ms. Yolanda Boronell, the Coordinator of Graduate Programs. She has been instrumental in guiding me from my first day of classes at FAMU until the present, and I am confident that her guidance will be helpful to me in the future.

I have been grateful to have the Director of Graduate Programs, Dr. John Cooperwood, in my corner. He never misses a single chance to help learners in any situation.

Finally, I’d like to give a big thank you to my academic advisor Dr. Syreeta L. Tilghman, who trusted me and gave me a chance to work with her in breast cancer research.

I have found a bunch of helping hands throughout my journey in this program. It is a blessing to be a graduate learner at FAMU.

Janki Patel 

Fourth-year graduate learner in CoPPS, IPH

Ph.D. Candidate in Pharmacology/Toxicology 

About the Author