PhD (1986-89) University, Halifax, NS, Canada.
M.S. (1984-86) Ihousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada.
M. Pharm (1978-80) – Punjab University, Chandigarh, India
B.Pharm (Hon,1975-78) – Punjab University, Chandigarh, India
- December 1980-March 1982: Production Supervisor, Ranbaxy Labs, Okhla, New Delhi.
- March 1982 – September 1984: Assistant Manager, Manufacturing, Alembic Chemical Work, Baroda, India.
- July 1989 – September 1993: Group Leader, Drug Targeting, SynPhar Labs, Inc., Edmonton, Alta, Canada.
- September 1993 – August 1997: Assistant Professor, Florida A&M University, College of Pharmacy, Tallahassee, FL, USA.
- September 1997-August 2002 : Associate Professor, Florida A&M University, College of Pharmacy, Tallahassee, FL, USA.
- September 2002-to date: Professor, Florida A&M University, College of Pharmacy, Tallahassee, FL, USA.
Awards and Honors
1.Novapharm Award for the year 1989-1990 for excellence in Biopharmaceutics.
2.Outstanding scientist award in SynPhar Laboratories, 1992
3.Was given the Teaching Incentive Professor award (TIP award) for the year 1999 at the College of Pharmacy, Florida A&M University.
4.Adjunct faculty with the University of Miami, School of Medicine since 1998.
5.Adjunct faculty with FAMU/FSU school of Biomedical Engineering since 2000.
6.Section Leader for the Pharmaceutics Department.
7.Teacher of the Year Award for 1999-2000. (Plaque and $2,000. This award is given across the whole campus).
8.Superior Accomplishment Award, 2001. (Certificate and $500 cash Award)
9.Researcher of the Year Award (2002) at Florida A&M College of Pharmacy (Plaque and Cash).
10.Advanced Teacher of the Year Award (2003) at Florida A&M University (Plaque and Cash).
11.Davis Productivity Award from the State of Florida in the Distinguished award category, 2004
12.Superior Accomplishment award, Florida A&M University, 2004.
13.AACR HBCU faculty scholar award in 1999, 2000 and 2001. This award was given on a merit selection process and also involved attending the American Association of Cancer Scientists meeting.
14.Davis Productivity Award from the State of Florida, Certificate of Commendation (2006).
15.William R. Jones Outstanding Mentor Award, 2006, from Florida Education fund.
16.AAPS fellow award from AAPS for the year 2007.
17.Who’s Who in America, 2008, 2009.
18.Distinguished Alumnus Award from Panjab University, Chandigarh in 2008.
19.Phi Lambda Sigma student fraternity award from FAMU for outstanding contribution in 2008.
20.Research Excellence Award from FAMU for the year 2010. This included a cash award of $3000 and a plaque from the President of the University.
21.Best Poster award, Nanotechnology symposium at University of Miami, 2010.
22.Davis Productivity Award from the State of Florida, Plaque award (2011).
23.Fulbright Scholar award at the Nanotechnology Institute, University of Sao Paulo (in Brazil, Science Beyond Borders) in 2013-2014.
24.Davis Productivity award in the individual category from the State of Florida in 2015, Plaque and cash.
25.Gian Fellow award for accomplished in Nanotechnology from Government of India for the year of 2016.
26.AAICR Cancer award for Cancer Scientist from American Association of Cancer Reseach for the year of 2017.
Expertise in formulation of Drug Delivery systems like
- Liposomes, nanoparticles
- Polymeric microspheres
- Biomaterials for delivery of small molecule drugs and proteins/peptides and their evaluation in vitro and in vivo.
Over 15 years of experience in cancer pharmacology, biology and therapeutics with emphasis on
- Lung Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Co-Cultures of different cancer cell lines to study Angiogenesis.
Also Experience in skin irritation, permeation (of drugs and peptides) and skin toxicology.
Other areas of expertise are:
- Inhalation and Nasal delivery systems with emphasis on protein and peptide delivery.
- Development of in vitro 3D Culture models for Wound Healing and Anticancer Drug screening.
1. American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
2. American Association of Cancer Research (AACR)
3. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
4. Controlled Release Society (CRS)
5. Society of Toxicology (SOT)
6. Society of Investigative Dermatology (SID)
- Bioconjugate Chemistry
- International J. of Cancer
- Clinical Cancer Research
- British Journal of Cancer
- Toxicology Letters
- J. Controlled Release
- Pharmaceutical Research
- J. Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- International Journal of Pharmaceutics,
- Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy,
- International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding
Selected Publications :
- Haynes A, Sudhan Madhu, Krarup H and Singh M. Evaluation of the Malvern Spraytec with inhalation cell for the measurement of particle size distribution from metered dose inhalers. J. Pharm. Sciences, 93:349-363, 2004.
- Babu RJ, Kanikkannan N, Kikwai L, and Singh M. Percutaneous Absorption and Anti-Inflammatory Effect of a Substance P Receptor Antagonist – Spantide II. Pharm. Res, 21:108-113, 2004.
- Babu RJ, Kanikkannan N, Kikwai L, and Singh M. Preformulation stability of spantide II, a promising topical anti-inflammatory agent for the treatment of psoriasis and contact dermatitis. J. Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 56:19-25, 2004.
- Madhu Sudhan Shaik, Alfred Haynes, and Mandip Singh. Antiproliferative and antitumor effect of a cox-2 inhibitor, nimesulide. Clinical Cancer Research. 10: 1521-1529, 2004.
- Kanikkannan N, Andega S, Burton S and Singh M. Formulation and in vitro evaluation of transdermal patches of melatonin. Drug development Industrial Pharmacy. 30: 1-8, 2004.
- P Dayal, Shaik MS and Singh M. Evaluation of different parameters that affect droplet size distribution from nasal sprays using the Malvern Spraytec. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 93, 1725:1742, 2004
- Madhu Sudhan Shaik, Chatterjee A and Mandip Singh. Effects of monensin liposomes on the cytotoxicity, apoptosis and expression of multidrug resistance genes in doxorubicin resistant human breast tumour (MCF-7/dox) cell-line. J. Pharmacy and Pharmacology 56:899-907, 2004.
- Babu RJ, Chatterjee A and Singh M. Assessment of skin irritation and molecular responses in rat skin exposed to nonane, dodecane and tetradecane. Toxicology Letters 153:255-256, 2004.
- R. J. Babu, A. Chatterjee, E. Ahaghotu and M. Singh. Percutaneous absorption and skin irritation upon low level prolonged dermal exposures of nonane, dodecane and tetradecane in hairless rats. Toxicology and Industrial Health, 20:109-118(2004).
- Alfred Haynes, Madhu Sudhan Shaik, Chatterjee A and Mandip Singh Formulation and Evaluation of aerosolized celecoxib for the treatment of Lung cancer. Pharmaceutical Research, 22(3):427-439, 2005.
- Chatterjee A, Babu RJ and Singh M. The effect of occlusive and unocclusive exposures of xylene and benzene on skin irritation and molecular responses in hairless rats. Arch Toxicology, 79:294-301(2005).
- E. Ahaghotu, R. J. Babu, Chatterjee, C and M. Singh. Effect of methyl substitution of benzene on the percutaneous absorption and skin irritation in hairless rats, Toxicol Lett. 159(3):261-71 (2005).
- Dayal, P., Pillay, V. Babu, R. and Singh, M. The use of a Box–Behnken experimental design in the development of a nasal drug delivery system of hydroxyurea: characterization of viscosity, in vitro drug release, droplet size and dynamic surface tension. Awarded 2005 AAPS Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award in Pharmaceutical technologies- AAPS PharmSciTech. 2005 Nov 17:6(4):E573-85.
- Loice Kikwai, R. Jayachandra Babu, R. Oliveira, Cheryl A. Armstrong, John C. Ansel and Mandip Singh. In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluation of Topical Formulations of Spantide II. Awarded 2005 AAPS Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award in Pharmaceutical technologies- AAPS PharmSciTech. 2005 Oct 31:6(4):E565-72.
- Madhu Sudhan Shaik, Abhijit Chatterjee, Tanise Jackson and Mandip Singh. Enhancement of Antitumor Activity of Docetaxel by Celecoxib in Lung Tumors. International Journal of Cancer. 118(2):396-404, 2006.
- Kikwai L, Babu RJ, Kanikkannan N, and Singh M. Stability and Degradation Profiles of Spantide II in Aqueous Solutions. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 27:158-166, 2006.
- Anticancer effect of celecoxib and aerosolized docetaxel against human non-small cell lung cancer cell line, A549. Suniket V. Fulzele, Madhu Sudhan Shaik, Abhijit Chatterjee and M. Singh. J. Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 58:1-10, 2006.
- Suniket V. Fulzele, Abhijit Chatterjee, Madhu Sudhan Shaik, Tanise Jackson and M. Singh. Inhalation delivery and antitumor activity of Celecoxib in human orthotopic Non-small cell lung cancer xenograft model. Pharm. Res. 23(9):2094-106, 2006.
- Chatterjee, A., Babu RJ, M. Klausner and Mandip Singh. In vitro and in vivo comparison of dermal irritancy of jet fuel exposure using EpiDermTM (EPI-200) cultured human skin and hairless rats. Tox.Letters 1:167(2):85-94, 2006.
- Zhu Donghui, Lennon SP, Peters MH, Finney WC and Mandip Singh. Brownian diffusion and surface kinetics of liposome and viral particle uptake by human lung cancer cells in vitro. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 34(10)1573-1586, 2006.
- R. Marijani, M.S.Shaik, A.Chatterjee and M. Singh. Development of metered dose inhaler formulation of cyclosporine. J. Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 59(1):15-21, 2007.
- Abhijit Chatterjee, Suniket V. Fulzele, Madhu Sudhan Shaik1, Tanise Jackson, Nkechi Ichite and Mandip Singh. 15-Deoxy-D12,14-Prostaglandin J2 (15d-PGJ2) enhancesdocetaxel antitumor activity by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) dependent and independent pathways in human lung cancers. Anticancer Drugs: 18(1):65-78, 2007
- Fulzele S, Ramapuram Jay, Singh M. Estimation of proinflammatory biomarkers of skin irritation by dermal microdialysis following exposure with irritant chemicals.Toxicology. 237(1-3):77-88, 2007.
- Jackson Tanise, Chougule Mahavir, Nkechi, Ichite, Patlolla Ram and M. Singh. Antitumor activity of Noscapine in Human Non-small cell lung cancer xenograft model. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2008, 63(1):117-26.
- Dayal P, Babu J, Singh M. Effect of Cyclodextrins on the complexation and nasal permeation of melatonin. Drug Delivery. 2008, 15(6):381-8.
- Nkechi Ichite, Suniket V. Fulzele, Abhijit Chatterjee , Selina F. Darling-Reed, Stephen Safe and Mandip Singh. Enhancement of Docetaxel Anticancer Activity by A Novel Diindolylmethane (DIM) Compound in H460 Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Cells. Clinical Cancer Research. 2009; 15(2):543-52.
- Ram Patlolla, Jay Ramapuram, Mandip Singh. Dermal Microdialysis of Inflammatory Markers Induced by Aliphatic Hydrocarbons in Rats. Toxicology Letters. 2009, 185(3):168-74.
- Patel G, Chougule M, Singh M, Misra A, Nanoliposomal dry powder formulations, Methods in Enzymology, 2009;464:167-91.
- Mallampati R, Patlolla RR, Agarwal S, Babu RJ, Hayden P, Klausner M, Singh MS. Evaluation of EpiDerm full thickness-300 (EFT-300) as an in vitro model for skin irritation: Studies on aliphatic hydrocarbons. Toxicol In Vitro. 2010, 24(2):669-76
- Kandimalla, K, Jayachandra Babu Ramapuram, and M. Singh. Biphasic Flux Profiles: The Yin-Yang of Transdermal Permeation Enhancement Mediated by Fatty Alcohol Enhancers. J Pharm Sci. 2010, 99(1):209-18.
- Patlolla R, Chougule M and Singh M. Formulation, Characterization and Pulmonary Deposition of Nebulized Celecoxib Encapsulated Nanostructured Lipid Carriers. J. Control Release, 2010, 144(2):233-41.
- Patlolla R, Desai P, Belay K and Singh M. Translocation of cell penetrating peptide engrafted nanoparticles across skin layers. Biomaterials, 2010; 31(21):5598-607.
- Desai P, Patlolla R and Singh M. Interaction of Nanoparticles and Cell Penetrating Peptides with Skin (Review). “Invited Review for Thematic issue on Nanoparticles: Crossing Barriers and Membrane Interactions, 2010, 27(7):247-59.
- Ichite N, Chougule M, Patel A and Singh M. Inhalation Delivery of a Novel Diindolylmethane Derivative for the Treatment of Lung Cancer. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 2010, 9(11):3003-14.
- Chougule M, Patel AR, Sachdeva P, Jackson T, Singh M. Anticancer activity of Noscapine, an opioid alkaloid in combination with Cisplatin in human non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2010, 71(3):271-82.
- M Chougule, A R. Patel, T Jackson, M Singh. Antitumor activity of Noscapine in combination with Doxorubicin in triple negative breast cancer. PLOS One. 2011; 6(3):e17733.
- Jayachandra Babu R, Dayal PP, Pawar K, Singh M. Nose-to-brain transport of melatonin from polymer gel suspensions: a microdialysis study in rats. J Drug Target. 2011, 19(9):731-40.
- Chougule M, Patel A, Sachdeva P and Singh M. Enhanced anticancer activity of gemcitabine in combination with noscapine via antiangiogenic and apoptotic pathway against non-small cell lung cancer. Plos One, 2011;6(11), e27394.
- Shah PP, Desai P, Patel A, Singh M. Skin permeating nanogel for cutaneous inflammation using combination approach. Biomaterials. 2012. 33(5):1607-17.
- Shah PP, Desai P, Singh M. Effect of oleic acid modified polymeric bilayered nanoparticles on percutaneous delivery of spantide II and ketoprofen. J Control Release. 2012. 158 (2):336-345.
- A.R. Patel, S. D. Spencer, M. B. Chougule, M. Singh. A combined zero order/michaelis- menten limited absorption; three compartment disposition model describes the oral pharmacokinetic behavior of a highly lipophilic methylene-substituted 3, 3′-diindolylmethane (DIM) in vitamin-E TPGS. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012, May 12;46(1-2)8-16.
- Shah PP*, Desai PR*, Channer D, Singh M. Enhanced skin permeation using polyarginine modified nanostructured lipid carriers. J Control Release. 2012 Aug 10;161(3):735-45.
- Desai P, Shah PP, Patlolla R, Singh M. Dermal microdialysis technique to evaluate the trafficking of surface modified lipid nanoparticles upon topical application. Pharm Res. 2012 Sep 29 (9):2587-600.
- Lee SO, Andey T, Jin UH, Kim K, Singh M, Safe S. The nuclear receptor TR3 regulates mTORC1 signaling in lung cancer cells expressing wild-type p53. Oncogene. 2012 Jul 5;31(27):3310.
- Desai P, Shah PP, Hayden P, Singh M. Investigation of follicular and non-follicular pathways for polyarginine and oleic acid modified nanoparticles. Pharm Res, 2013 May;30(5).
- Patel AR, Chougule MB, Patlolla R, Gwandi W, Ian T, Jackson T, M. Singh. Anticancer activity in combination of docetaxel and celecoxib nanostructured lipid carriers, Pharm Res. 2013 May;30(5):1435-46. doi: 10.1007/s11095-013-0984-9.
- C Godugu*, A Patel*, U Desai, M Chougule, A Sams, M. Singh. In vitro algimatrix™ 3D cell culture system, an alternative to mammalian models for non-small cell lung cancer. PLoS One. 2013;8(1):e53708. (* Contributed equally).
- Andey T, Patel A, Jackson T, Safe S, Singh M.1,1-Bis (3′-indolyl)-1-(p-substituted phenyl)methane compounds inhibit lung cancer cell and tumor growth in a metastasis model. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2013 Oct 9;50(2):227-41.
- Desai P, Marepally S, Singh M. Topical delivery of anti-TNFalpha siRNA and capsaicin via novel lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles efficiently inhibits skin inflammation in vivo. Journal of Controlled Release, 2013 Aug 28;170(1):51-63.
- Cedar H. A. Boakye, Ravi Doddapaneni, Punit P. Shah, Apurva R. Patel, Chandraiah Godugu, Stephen Safe, Santosh K. Katiyar, Singh M. Chemoprevention of skin cancer with 1,1-bis (3’-indolyl)-1-(aromatic) methane analog through induction of the orphan nuclear receptor, NR4A2 (Nurr1). PLoS One 2013 Aug 7;8(8):e69519.
- Godugu C, Patel AR, Doddapaneni R, Marepally S, Jackson T, Singh M. Inhalation delivery of Telmisartan enhances intratumoral distribution of nanoparticles in lung cancer models. J Control Release. 2013 Nov 28;172(1):86-95.
- Desai P, Shah PP, Parvastu A, Singh M. 31P Solid-state NMR based monitoring of permeation of cell-penetrating peptides into skin. European J of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014 Feb;86(2):190-9.
- Punit Shah, Pinaki Desai, Ram Patlolla, M. Singh Effect of a combination of hydrophilic and lipophilic permeation enhancers on the skin permeation of Kahalalide F. Accepted in J. Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2014 Jun;66(6):760-8.
- Patel AR, Chougule MB, Lim E, Francis KP, Safe S, Mandip Singh. Theranostic tumor homing nanocarriers for the treatment of lung cancer.Nanomedicine. 2014 Jul;10(5):1053-63.
- Mahavir Chougule, Apurva Patel, Ram Patlolla, Mandip Singh. Epithelial transport of Noscapine across cell monolayers and influence of absorption enhancers on in vitro permeation and bioavailability: Implications for intestinal absorption. J. Drug Targeting,2014 Jul;22(6):498-508.
- Apurva Patel and Mandip Singh. EphA2 targeting pegylated nanocarrier drug delivery system for treatment of Lung Cancer. Pharm Res. 2014 Oct;31(10):2796-809.
- Terrick Andey, Srujan Marepally, Apurva Patel, Tanise Jackson, Shubhashish Sarkar, Malaney O’Connell, Pomila Singh, Mandip Singh. Cationic lipid guided short-hairpin RNA interference of Annexin A2 attenuates tumor growth and metastasis in a mouse lung cancer stem cell model. J Control Release. 2014 Jun 28;184:67-78.
- Jamal S, Cheriyan VT, Muthu M, Munie S, Levi E, Ashour AE, Pass HI, Wali A, Singh M, Rishi AK. CARP-1 functional mimetics are a novel class of small molecule inhibitors of malignant pleural mesothelioma cells. PLos One. 2014 Mar 5;9(3).
- Apurva Patel, Kevin Francis and Mandip Singh. Opening Up the Optical Imaging Window Using Nano-Luciferin. Pharm Res. 2014 Nov; 31(11):3073-84.
- Chandu Godugu, Apurva Patel and Mandip Singh. Approaches to improve the oral bioavailability and effects of novel anticancer drugs berberine and betulinic acid. PLoS One. 2014 Mar 10;9(3):e89919. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0089919. eCollection 2014.
- Marepally S, Boakye CH, Patel AR, Godugu C, Doddapaneni R, Desai PR, Singh M. Topical administration of dual siRNAs using fusogenic lipid nanoparticles for treating psoriatic-like plaques. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2014 Jul; 9 (14) 2157-74.
- Somagoni J, Boakye CH, Godugu C, Patel AR, Mendonca Faria HA, Zucolotto V, Singh M. Nanomiemgel-a novel drug delivery system for topical application-in vitro and in vivo evaluation. PLoS One. 2014 Dec 29;9(12).
- Cedar H. A. Boakye, Punit P. Shah, Ravi Doddapaneni, Apurva R. Patel, Stephen Safe, and Mandip Singh. Enhanced Percutaneous Delivery 1,1-bis(3-indolyl)-1-(p-chlorophenyl) Methane for skin cancer chemoprevention. J. Biomed. Nanotechnol. 2015; 11:1269-1281.
- Magesh Muthu, Abdelkader E. Ashour, Jagan Mohan Somagoni, Kaladhar B. Reddy, Alaa Eldeen B Yassin, Scott D. Larsen, Vino T. Cheriyan, Ahmed M. Alafeefy, Mandip Singh and Arun K. Rishi. Identification and testing of novel CARP-1 functional mimetic compounds as inhibitors of non-small cell lung and triple negative breast cancers. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology. 2015 Sep; 11 (9):1608-1627.
- Cedar Boakye, Ketan Patel and Mandip Singh. Doxorubicin liposomes as an investigative model to study the skin permeation of nanocarriers. Int J Pharm. 2015 Jul 15;489(1-2):106-16.
- Patel AR, Godugu C, Wilson H, Safe S, Singh M. Evaluation of Spray BIO-Max DIM-P in Dogs for Oral Bioavailability and in Nu/nu Mice Bearing Orthotopic/Metastatic Lung Tumor Models for Anticancer Activity. Pharm Res. 2015 Jul; 32(7):2292-300.
- Andey T, Sudhakar G, Marepally S, Patel A, Banerjee R, Singh M. Lipid Nanocarriers of a Lipid-Conjugated Estrogenic Derivative Inhibit Tumor Growth and Enhance Cisplatin Activity against Triple-Negative Breast Cancer: Pharmacokinetic and Efficacy Evaluation. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2015 Apr 6;12(4):1105-20.
- Patel AR, Doddapaneni R, Andey T, Wilson H, Safe S, Singh M. Evaluation of self-emulsified DIM-14 in dogs for oral bioavailability and in Nu/nu mice bearing stem cell lung tumor models for anticancer activity. J Control Release. 2015 Jun 14; 213:18-26.
- Hedrik E, Lee So, Doddapaneni R Singh M, Safe s. Nuclear receptor 4A1 (NR4A1) as a drug target for breast cancer chemotherapy. Endor Relat Cancer. 2015 Oct:22(5):831-40.
- Ketan Patel, Nusrat Chowdhury, Doddapaneni R, Cedar Boakye, Singh M. Piperlongumine for enhancing oral bioavailability and cytotoxicity of Docetaxel in Triple -negative Breast Cancer. J. Pharm. Sciences.2015 Dec; 104(12): 417-26.
- Boakye CH, Patel K, Doddapaneni R, Bagde A, Chowdhury N, Safe S, Singh M. Ultra-flexible nanocarriers for enhanced topical delivery of a highly lipophilic antioxidative molecule for skin cancer chemo prevention. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 2016 Jul 1;143:156-67.
- Patel K, Doddapaneni R, Boakye CH, Godugu C, Singh M. Tumor stromal disrupting agent enhances the anticancer efficacy of docetaxel loaded PEGylated liposomes in lung cancer. Nanomedicine (Lond), 2016 Jun;11(11):1377-92.
- Hedrick E, Lee SO, Doddapaneni R, Singh M, Safe S.NR4A1 Antagonists inhibit B1- Integrin-dependent Breast Cancer cell migration. Mol Cell Biol. 2016 May 1; 36(9): 1383–1394.
- Doddapaneni R, Patel K, Chowdhury N, Singh M. Noscapine chemosensitication enhances docetaxel anticancer activity and nanocarrier uptake in triple negative breast cancer. Exp Cell Res. 2016 Aug 1;346(1):65-73.
- Patel K, Doddapaneni R, Sekar V, Chowdhury N, Singh M. Combination approch of YSA peptide anchhored Docetaxel Stealth liposomes with oral antifibrotic agent for the treatment of Lung cancer. Mol Pharm. 2016 Apr 12;13(6):2049-58.
- Doddapaneni R, Patel K, Owaid IH, Singh M. Tumor neovasculature-targeted cationinc PEGylated liposomes of gambogic acid for the treatment of triple -negative breast cancer. Drug Deliv. 2016 May;23(4):1232-41.
- Lacey A, Hedrick E, Li X, Patel K, Doddapaneni R, Singh M, Safe S. Nuclear receptar 4A1 (NR4A1) as a drug targer for treating rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS).Oncotarget. 2016 May 24;7(21):31257-69.
- Vino T. Cheriyan, Magesh Muthu, Ketan Patel, Sreeja Sekhar, Lisa Polin, Mandip Singh, Arun Rishi, CARP-1 functional mimetics are novel inhibitor of drug-resistant triple-negative breast cancers. Oncotarget, 2016 Nov 8; 7(45): 73370–88.
- Godugu C, Doddapaneni R, Singh M, Safe S, Novel Diindolylmethane derivatives based NLC formulations to improve the oral Bioavailability and anticancer effects in Triple Negative Breast Cancer.European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics. 2016 Nov;108:168-179.
- Udofot O, Affram K, Smith T, Tshabe B, Krishnan S, Sachdeva M, Agyare E, Pharmacokinetic, biodistribution and therapeutic efficacy of 5-fluorouracil-loaded pH-sensitive PEGylated liposomal nanoparticles in HCT-116 tumor-bearing mouse. Journal of Nature and Science, 2016;2(1). pii: e171.
- Safe S Jin UH, Morpurgo B, Abudayyeh A, Singh M, Tjalkens RB. Nuclear receptor 4A (NR4A) family – orphans no more. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol.2016 Mar;157:48-60.
- Godugu, Doddapaneni R, Patel AR, Singh R, Mercer R, Singh M. Novel Gefitinib Formulation with improved Oral Bioavailability in Treatment of A431 Skin Carcinoma. Pharm Res. 2016 Jan; 33(1): 137-154.
- Boakye CH, Patel K, Doddapaneni R, Bagde A, Marepally S, Singh M. Novel amphiphilic lipid augments the co-delivery of erlotinib and IL36 siRNA into a skin for psoriasis treatment. J Control Release. 2017 Jan 28;246:120-132.
- Chandraiah Godugu, Ravi Doddapaneni, Mandip Singh, Honokiol nanomicellar formulation produced increased oral bioavailability and anticancer effects in triple negative breast cancer (TNBC), Colloids and Surfaces B: Bio interfaces, 2017 May 1;153: 208-219.
- Nusrat Chowdhury, Imran Vohra, Ketan Patel, Ravi Doddapaneni, Arindam Mondal, Mandip Singh, Liposomes Co-loaded With 6-Phosphofructo-2-Kinase/Fructose-2, 6-Biphosphatase 3 (PFKFB3) shRNA Plasmid And Docetaxel For The Treatment Of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Pharm Res (2017). Pharm Res. 2017 Nov; 34(11): 2371-2384.
- Shallu Kutlehria, Gautam Behl, Ketan Patel, Ravi Doddapaneni, Nusrat Chowdhury, Arvind Bagde, Imran Vhora, Mandip Singh, Cholecalciferol-PEG conjugate based nanomicelles of doxorubicin for treatment of triple negative breast cancer, AAPS PharmaSciTech, (2017);19(83). https://doi.org/10.1208/s12249-017-0885-z.
- Kevin Affram, Ofonime Udofot, Mandip Singh, Sunil Krishnan, Rosenberg, Rene Reams and Edward Agyre, Smart thermosensitive liposomes for effective solid tumor therapy and in vivo imaging, PLoS One. 2017 Sep; 12(9): e0185116.
- Ravi Doddapaneni, Ketan Patel, Nusrat Chowdhury & Mandip Singh, Reversal of drug-resistance by noscapine chemo-sensitization in docetaxel resistant triple negative breast cancer, Scientific Reports 7, Article number: 15824(2017) doi:10.1038/s41598-017-15531-1.
- Arvind Bagde, Arindam Mondal, Mandip Singh, Drug delivery strategies for chemoprevention of UV-B induced skin cancer: a Review, Photodermatology, photoimmunology and photomedicine, 2018 Jan; 34: 60–68.
- Shallu Kutlehria, Imran Vhora, Arvind Bagde, Nusrat Chowdhury, Gautam Behl, Ketan Patel, Mandip Singh, Tacrolimus loaded PEG-Cholecalciferol based Nanomicelles for Treatment of Ocular Inflammation. Pharmaceutical Res. 2018 Apr 16;35(6):117. doi: 10.1007/s11095-018-2376-7.
- Arvind Bagde, Ketan Patel, Imran Vhora, Nusrat Choudhary, Shallu Kuttlehria, Mandip Singh, Formulation of topical ibuprofen SLN gel using HME and its anti-inflammatory strength on carrageenan-induced paw edema in rate, International Journal of Pharmaceutics(Submitted).
- Nusrat Chowdhury, Imran Vhora, Ketan Patel, Arvind Bagde, Shallu Kutlehria and Mandip Singh, Development of hot melt extruded solid dispersion of tamoxifen citrate and resveratrol for synergistic effects on breast cancer cells, AAPS PharmSciTech (2018). https://doi.org/10.1208/s12249-018-1111-3.
- Cheriyan, V. T., Alsaab, H., Sekhar, S., Venkatesh, J., Mondal, A., Vhora, I., … Rishi, A. K. (2018). A CARP-1 functional mimetic compound is synergistic with BRAF-targeting in non-small cell lung cancers. Oncotarget, 9(51), 29680-29697. http://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.25671.
- US patent titled ‘Modified nanostructured lipid carrier nanoparticles formulations for dermal drug delivery’ in April 2009. US Patent # 8,715,736.
- US patent application, “Surface Modified Multi-Layered Nanostructures for Dermal Delivery” in 2011. The patent has now been granted, US Patent # 8,647,661 B1.
- Filed a US patent entitled “Dual channel spray dried modified multi-layered microstructures for oral delivery” in 2011.
- Filed a US patent entitled “Dual channel Ultrasonic gun spray dried modified multi-layered microstructures for oral delivery” in 2011.
- Filed a US patent, Novel Nanoparticle systems for Medical and preclinical imaging. Filed in 2013.
- US patent titled ‘Alpha-Melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH) as topical anti-inflammatory agent for the treatment of allergic contact dermatitis and eczema’. The patent now has been granted, US Patent #8,846,616.
- Surface Modified Multilayered Nanostructures for Dermal Delivery’ US Patent #8,865,206.
- Methods and formulation for topical treatment of Psoriasis. US Patent #9,867,827.
- Method of Preparing Modified Multilayered Microstructures with Enhanced Oral Bioavailability. US Patent #9,968,557.
1.Liposomes as novel drug delivery systems’ at Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Punjab Universiy, Chandigarh, India, May 14, 1989.
2. Invited to give a talk at Regional Research Laboratory, Jammu, India on ‘Monoclonal antibody directed drug delivery, June 3, 1989.
3.Ranbaxy Laboratories, New Delhi, India on ‘Liposomes as topical drug delivery systems, June 7, 1989.
4.‘Liposome as drug carriers’ at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, Feb 12, 1990.
5.Antibody linked Drugs’at the 6th Pharmaceutical Technology Symposium in Ankara, Turkey, Sep, 1992.
6.National Cancer Institute, on the topic, ‘Liposomes as Biologic Response Modifiers’, Dec, 1993.
7.Oak Ridge National Laboratory to give a talk on ‘Liposomal Drug Delivery systems in cancer treatment’, 1996. Was also a visiting faculty for two years from 1996-1998.
8.Invited to 3M laboratories in Summer, May-July, 1996 to train in the transdermal delivery department.
9.University of Miami, School of Medicine, Dec, 1997, Antibody targeted drug delivery.
10.Invited to Lincoln University, Philadelphia on Feb 12, 1998 to give a talk, Opportunities in Pharmaceutics.
11.Wright Patterson air-force base in Dayton, Ohio to give a talk on Jet fuel irritation, Mar 12, 1999.
12.Invited to North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC on April 12, 1999 to give a talk on topic: Understanding skin irritation.
13.Invited to Schering Plough to give a talk: Inhalation delivery for Lung cancer, April 15, 2001.
14.Invited to Indian Pharmaceutical congress in New Delhi to give a talk on topic, Liposome Drug Delivery, Dec 22, 2001.
15.Invited to the Controlled Release Society (CRS) chapter in Mumbai, India to give a talk on, Developments in Inhalation Drug Delivery 22Feb, 2002.
16. Invited as a speaker at the Indian Pharmaceutical Congress in Chennai, India, Topical delivery of peptide Spantide II for treatment of psoriasis and contact dermatitis, Dec 2003.
17. Invited to give a talk at the JP-8 Jet Fuel Toxicology Workshop in Tucson, Arizona, May15, 2003.
18. Invited to give a talk at NIPER Chandigarh, India, Novel approaches to treat lung cancer, July 11, 2004.
19. Invited to Panacea Biotec, New Delhi, India to give a Talk: Novel Drug Delivery systems, July 15, 2004.
20. Invited to NIPER to give a talk, Inhalation delivery of Celecoxib, June 14, 2005.
21. Invited to Solvay laboratories to give a talk: Topical drug delivery systems, Aug 28, 2005.
22. Invited to give a talk at the JP-8 Jet Fuel Toxicology meeting. Arizona, Tucson, Nov 3, 2005.
23.Invited to Panjab University, chandigarh to give a talk on topic: Delivery of celecoxib in lung cancer, August 8, 2006.
24. Invited to particle science society as a speaker: Nanoparticle based delivery to the lungs, Dec, 2006.
25.Invited Speaker, Symposium on Methods in Skin Irritation at the Society of Toxicology, Charlotte, NC, Mar 25-29, 2007.
26.Invited Speaker at the CRS meeting, Mumbai Chapter in Mumbai India, Inhalation Approaches in Lung Cancer, Feb 24-26, 2009.
27.Invited Speaker at the winter school at NIPER, Mohali, India, Feb 20-22, 2009, Topical Delivery of Nanoparticles.
28.Invited speaker at BITS meeting at Shanghai in China, 2010, TAT modified nanoparticles in skin delivery.
29.Invited speaker at 2011 CRS conference Feb 2011, Skin Permeation of Bilayered Nanoparticles.
30.Dr Sachdeva was invited by Avon to deliver a presentation on “Skin Permeation of Bilayered Nanoparticles”. April 2011
31.Invited speaker at Mercer University, Atlanta, GA to deliver a lecture on topic Liposomes as Drug Delivery Systems, April 2011.
32.Invited speaker at Dr Reddy’s Laboratory, India on Skin Delivery of Peptides, June 2011.
33.Invited speaker at Xavier University at Louisiana to deliver a lecture on Novel Approaches to Treat Lung Cancer, Aug 2011.
34.Invited Plenary speaker at Panjab University Nanotechnology conference, Chandigarh in Feb 2012.
35.Invited Plenary and Main speaker at Dhanvanty College of Pharmacy Nanotechnology Symposium in Sep, 2012.
36.Plenary speaker at CHASCON meeting in March, chandigarh, INDIA, 2013.
37. Invited Speaker at Texas A&M, Veternary Physiology Department, College Station, March, 2013.
38. Gave a webinar for the AAPS in Sep 2013 on the topic, Skin Microdialysis
39.Invited Speaker at University of Mississippi, College of Pharmacy in Oct, 2013
40.Invited as a Plenary speaker at the BIT’s conference in Cancer and Immunotherapy at Warsaw, Poland in Nov 5-7, 2013.
41.Invited as a Plenary speaker at the Nanotechnology symposium at Panjab University, Chandigarh in Feb, 2014.
42.Invited as a Plenary speaker at the Pharmaceutical International conference at Changa, Gujarat in Feb, 2014.
43.Invited as a speaker by the AAPS student chapter in NIPER, Mohali, India in June, 2014.
44.Speaker at a mini-symposium at AAPS 2014.
1. Ghose T, Singh M, Faulkner G. Goundalkar A, Mezei M. Antibody Aided Liposomal Drug Delivery. In: Liposomes as drug carriers, edited by Gregoriadis G. pp 697-708 (1988).
2. Mandip Singh. Targeting with Transferrin. Chapter in book titled Tumor targeting in Cancer Therapy. Eds Michel Page, Humana Press. Pp 151-164, 2002.
3. Narayanasamy Kanikkannan, Jayachandra Babu Ramapuram and Mandip Singh. Structural-activity relationship of chemical penetration enhancers. Book chapter in Percutaneous Penetration Enhancers vol. 2, Edited by Eric Smith and Howard Maibach pp17-34, 2005.
4. Jayachandra Babu Ramapuram, Narayanasamy Kanikkannan and Mandip Singh. Fatty alcohols and Fatty acids. Book chapter in Percutaneous Penetration Enhancers vol. 2, Edited by Eric Smith and Howard Maibachpp137-158, 2005.
5. M. Singh and R. J. Babu, Chromatography, Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy, 21st Edition, Lippincott William and Wilkins, Chapter 33, 599-625.
6. RJ Babu, R. Patlolla and M. Singh. Methods of assessing skin irritation and sensitization of Jet Fuels. In: Jet Fuel Toxicology Edited by Mark L. Witten , Errol Zeiger and Glenn D. Ritchie CRC Press 2011 Pages 135–148.
7. Srujan Marepally and Mandip Singh. Nucleic Acid Based Therapy in Dermatology. Accepted as a chapter inNanotheranostics of Nanobiomedicine, Vol 6. Edited by Mandip Singh Sachdeva and Anton Liopo. Stadium Publishers, 2014.
8. Apurva Patel, Kevin Francis, Mandip Singh. Emerging Newer Nanotechnology Techniques for Imaging Cancer. Nanotheranostics of Nanobiomedicine, Vol 6., Stadium Publishers, 2014.
9. Chandu Godugu and Mandip Singh. AlgiMatrix™ Based 3D Cell Culture System as an In Vitro Model: an important tool in cancer research. Chapter in a Book titled, Cancer Chemoprevention: Methods and Protocols, edited by Sabrina Stano, Springer publications, 2015.
Nanotheranostics, Edited by Drs Mandip Sachdeva and Anton Lipo, Stadium Publishers, 2014.