Due to ongoing precautions stemming from COVID-19, the University has implemented a virtual spring commencement program. For more information about the virtual ceremony, please visit the University commencement webpage at http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?commencement.
Awards and Oath Program For The Class of 2020
“A Virtual Program “ via ZOOM
Friday, May 8, 2020 at 6:00pm
More details to follow
Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and IPH:Grading Policy Amidst the Covid-19 Pandemic
On Thursday, March
26, 2020, the University announced a modified Grading Policy to allow students
the option of receiving either a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) or letter
grade (A/B/C/D/F) in courses that are approved to offer the S/U
Please note, the University grading policy modification EXCLUDES the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Public Health.
The College will
continue with its current grading policy for the PharmD and Graduate
EXCEPTION: The BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS) Degree Program
Courses in this undergraduate degree program may be taught by other Colleges. As such the directives of the University will apply. Please see the: FAMU COVID-19 Grading Policy Modification for Spring Semester Courses on the FAMU.edu website for guidance.
or additional guidance, please contact CoPPS, IPH Office of Student Affairs:
Temporary Remote College
In adherence to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s social distancing protocols and guidance from the University, the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Public Health has moved from face-to-face to online instruction. In addition, the College faculty and staff are currently working from a remote location; however, the College remains available during our regular hours of operation.
Live Reviews and Comprehensive Examination
RxPrep Live Review- April 1-3, 2020 8am-5pm via GoToMeeting
Comprehensive Examination- April 8, 15, 22, 29, May 2020 9am
Pass NAPLEX Now Live Review (Invitation Only)- May 12-15, 2020 via Zoom
The FAMU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Public Health (CoPPS, IPH) remains functional for business. However, in light of the COVID-19 outbreak, please note the following modifications to operations.
- For the remainder of the semester, classes and
exams will be provided remotely for our students.
- All faculty and non-essential CoPPS, IPH staff
are asked to conduct all academic and business activity remotely.
If immediate service is needed, please see the following
CoPPS, IPH phone numbers:
- College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Public Health Main Office Number: 850-599-3301
- Office of Student Affairs: 850-599-3016
- Continuing Education: Mrs. Leola Cleveland 850-599-3240
- ESAP: Dr. Sandra Suther: 850-599-3063
- Institute of Public Health:
- Dr. Cynthia M. Harris, Associate Dean, Institute of Public Health: 850-599-8655
- Mrs. Marchelle Dunston Lawrence, Administrative Assistant: 850-599-3254
- Graduate Program:
- Dr. Karam F.A. Soliman Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies: 850-599-3306
- Dr. John S. Cooperwood Director, Graduate Programs: 850-599-3110
- Ms. Yolanda Boronell Coordinator, Graduate Programs: 850- 561-2119
- Dr. Crystal Bryant Coordinator, Research Programs and Services: 850-561-2117
- Ms. Gloria James Director, Student Affairs: 850-412-7701
- Division of Clinical Affairs: Ms. Shirley Garrett 850-599-3344
- Pharmacy Practice:
- Tallahassee: Dr. Charles Weaver 850-561-2588
- Peaden Education Center: Ms. Carol Jones-Bonner 850-689-7871
- Tampa: Dr. Charlie Colquitt: 727- 423-7828
- Davie: Lori Mobley: 954-376-6142
- Jacksonville: Dr. Frank S. Emanuel: 904-391-3901
- Pharmaceutical Sciences: Dr. Selina Darling-Reed: 850-459-3132
The well-being and safety of our CoPPS,IPH community is our top priority. Please see the http://famu.edu/ home page, as they are regularly providing University-wide COVID-19 information.