The FAMU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Public Health (CoPPS, IPH) remains functional for business. However, in light of the COVID-19 outbreak, please note the following modifications to operations.
- For the remainder of the semester, classes and exams will be provided remotely for our students.
- All faculty and non-essential CoPPS, IPH staff are asked to conduct all academic and business activity remotely.
If immediate service is needed, please see the following CoPPS, IPH phone numbers:
- Office of Student Affairs: 850-599-3016
- Continuing Education: Mrs. Leola Cleveland 850-599-3240
- ESAP: Sandra Suther: 850-599-3063
- Institute of Public Health:
- Dr. Cynthia M. Harris, Associate Dean, Institute of Public Health: 850-599-8655
- Mrs. Marchelle Dunston Lawrence, Administrative Assistant: 850-599-3254
- Graduate Program:
- Dr. Karam F.A. Soliman Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies: 850-599-3306
- Dr. John S. Cooperwood Director, Graduate Programs: 850-599-3110
- Ms. Yolanda Boronell Coordinator, Graduate Programs: 850- 561-2119
- Dr. Crystal Bryant Coordinator, Research Programs and Services: 850-561-2117
- Ms. Gloria James Director, Student Affairs: 850-412-7701
- Division of Clinical Affairs: Ms. Shirley Garrett 850-599-3344
- Pharmacy Practice:
- Tallahassee: Dr. Charles Weaver 850-561-2588
- Peaden Education Center: Ms. Carol Jones-Bonner 850-689-7871
- Tampa: Dr. Charlie Colquitt: 727- 423-7828
- Davie: Lori Mobley: 954-376-6142
- Jacksonville: Dr. Frank S. Emanuel: 904-391-3901
- Pharmaceutical Sciences: Dr. Selina Darling-Reed: 850-459-3132
The well-being and safety of our CoPPS,IPH community is our top priority. Please see the http://famu.edu/ home page, as they are regularly providing University-wide COVID-19 information.
Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and IPH:Grading Policy Amidst the Covid-19 Pandemic
On Thursday, March 26, 2020, the University announced a modified Grading Policy to allow students the option of receiving either a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) or letter grade (A/B/C/D/F) in courses that are approved to offer the S/U grade.
Please note, the University grading policy modification EXCLUDES the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Public Health.
The College will continue with its current grading policy for the PharmD and Graduate Programs.
EXCEPTION: The BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS) Degree Program
Courses in this undergraduate degree program may be taught by other Colleges. As such the directives of the University will apply. Please see the: FAMU COVID-19 Grading Policy Modification for Spring Semester Courses on the FAMU.edu website for guidance.
For questions or additional guidance, please contact CoPPS, IPH Office of Student Affairs: 850-599-3016